Wed, Dec 07|
Live on Zoom
Musculoskeletal Imaging of the Knee
Dr. Lance Mabry leads healthcare professionals in current best practice of of musculoskeletal imaging of the knee. 2-hr CEU/CME
Time & Location
Dec 07, 2022, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM EST
Live on Zoom
Apply this course toward the comprehensive Master MSK Imaging Certification OR save $100+ with our Primary Care PT + Imaging Bundle
Not sure if you can attend this live webinar? No problem, sign up for the on-demand course here.
Course Description: This is a live, virtual 2-hour course designed for physical therapists to enhance their foundational knowledge in diagnostic imaging modalities for individuals with knee pain/pathology. Prior to this course, we recommend (although it is not mandatory) that participants take the Intro to MSK Imaging course, available on-demand here. This course will equip each student with the knowledge required to know when a patient with knee pain may be in need of imaging, what images to order, and how to perform appropriate clinical correlation of results.
CEU Info: 2 contact hours approved in these jurisdictions
Board Certified Orthopaedic Specialist
Fellow of the American Academy of Manual Physical Therapists
- Identify common static musculoskeletal imaging modalities utilized in the knee.
- Determine the necessary radiographic views to request based on symptomatic distribution or mechanism of injury
- Identify normal knee anatomy on radiographs and magnetic resonance imaging
- Identify the most common imaging planes for knee magnetic resonance imaging
- Determine radiograph necessity for acute knee injuries based on the Ottawa Knee Rule
- Determine radiograph necessity for chronic knee conditions based on the American College of Radiology Appropriateness Criteria
- Determine secondary imaging modality necessity based on the American College of Radiology Appropriateness Criteria
Introduction and Radiography in the knee - 30 min
MRI of the knee - 30 min
Imaging for Acute Knee Pathology - 45 min
Referral for Imaging - 15 min
Competency Demonstration: In order to receive continuing education credit, each participant must achieve 70% in a 10-question online quiz after the course (unlimited attempts). If the student fails to achieve 70%, they will be asked to complete additional assignments until remediation is achieved. Once the student achieves this score and completes the course evaluation, a completion certificate will be awarded.
Disclosures: The instructor has no disclosures. No products or services are mentioned nor promoted in this course.
+$1.98 service fee
+$1.98 service fee0
+$2.35 service fee
Full-time Students ONLY! Must email valid student ID to email@example.com to verify
+$2.35 service fee0