Sat, Jul 24|
Live on Zoom
Functional Capacity Evaluations Simplified
Become a proficient Functional Capacity Evaluator for work-related and non-work related injuries that certify disability. 5.5 CEU/CME.
Time & Location
Jul 24, 2021, 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM EDT
Live on Zoom
This is a virtual 5-hr course designed for direct access physical therapists, occupational therapists, athletic trainers, and healthcare professionals to enhance their evaluative skills in screening, differential diagnosis, assessment and management of work place and non-work place injuries who will certify disability and direct return to work activities. In this live course, participants will review pertinent information regarding functional capacity evaluation and its inception. The instructor will educate participants in how to complete a jobs demands analysis with tests and measures used to simulate work demands and employer expectations. The course covers key points of the exam process, including thorough interview, obtaining pertinent documents from employers, authorization of an FCE, tests and measures and examinations, documentation, and quantification and qualification of disability.
CEU/CME Hours: 5.5
Dr. Monique Beeko, PT, DPT, CCI, AIB-VR, FCE
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Establish a functional capacity evaluation relationship with employer and physician.
2. Perform pre-screening for functional capacity evaluation to determine proper course of action.
3. Understand how to effectively collect pertinent information from the client during the interview process.
4. Determine appropriate tests and measures to use for functional capacity evaluation.
5. Understand the appropriate protocol for setting up and testing the clients in a consistent unbiased manner.
6. Understand how to synthesize exam results and determine level of disability and developing and individualized plan of care for appropriate finding.
7. Appropriately document an FCE including pertinent data for meaningful interpretation by physician and employer.
8 - 9: Introduction, Review of course objectives, agenda, assessment scheme
9 - 10:30: Functional Capacity Evaluation history, implications, and implementations (types of evaluations, pre-screening procedures, interview process)
10:30 – 11:30: Clinical decision making: choosing tests and measures, functional assessment, protocols to implement
11:30-12:30: Case Review and discussion
12:30-1:00pm: Lunch Break
1:00 pm-2:00 pm: Exam
Competency Demonstration: In order to receive continuing education credit, each participant must achieve 70% in an exam provided via Flexiquiz at the end of the course. If the student fails to achieve 70 points throughout the course, they will be asked to complete additional assignments until remediation is achieved. Once the student achieves this score and completes the course evaluation, they will be e-mailed an official course certificate.
The course is acceptable for most Category A (live course/clinic) continuing education credits for healthcare and fitness professionals. Check with your respective credentialing agency or state board to ensure the objectives of the course match your specific requirement. RHE assumes no liability or responsibily for courses that are not approved by your credentialing institution or state board.
Early Bird Until July 3, 2021
+$4.25 service fee
+$4.25 service fee0
+$5.50 service fee
+$5.50 service fee0